Take the pain out of time consuming asset audits!
The asset audit process
The audit process is where you record condition and location of all your company property including computers and office machinery, furniture, factory machinery, personnel equipment like phones and anything listed as an asset in the company accounts. PASS Asset Locator does this using barcode labels and portable barcode scanners known as PDAs. IF there is already an asset register on Excel or other format then it is imported directly into Locator. Once this is done then the assets acquire unique ids generated by the system and as the barcode labels are applied to each item their location is recorded with the PDA. Thereafter each time the asset is moved, checked or assigned to a new owner or location the PDA is used to record it so that a permanent record is kept so that the assets details are always up to date Documents and images can be attached to each items record and item specific details can be recorded and displayed. Each item type can have different criteria and checks assigned to it. For example a check on a PC might record its hard disk capacity and condition of the monitor/keyboard etc whereas the state of an office chair, pressure washer or toolkit will have different criteria.
How it is displayed
- The items are shown on the left. Selecting one of them displays their details on the right
- Documents and images can be attached to each items record in the right top window
- Each item type can have different criteria. For example a PC might list its hard disk capacity and condition of the monitor/keyboard etc whereas the state of an office chair, pressure washer or toolkit will have different criteria.
- Maintenance checks and audit intervals are assigned by item type. Audit and maintenance details that have been carried out are updated in the right panel as they occur.
- The PDA transfer data either in batches manually or real time depending on the Wireless signal.
Different Views of your data give you a complete picture
There are many views of the data:
- View 1 shows the Items classified by department or owner
- View 2 shows them sorted by user/staff member.
- View 3 shows the items grouped into item types.
- View 4 opposite shows them by Location