- Fast recording receipt of incoming items
- Automatic email advice to recipients
- Electronic signatures for collected and/or delivered mail
- Automated barcode labelling if there is no barcode on the item
- Multiple sites combined to central database
- Instant local or cloud based reports
- Covid-19 Quarantining and parcel release
- Covid-19 Social distance parcel collections
OVERVIEW: Mailroom is an internal mail tracking system, a parcel tracking system, a file tracking system and a document tracking system all in one. It logs incoming mail and outgoing mail and delivers it with proof of delivery using PDAs and barcodes. It is used by companies, universities, colleges, the NHS and local government institutions. The mailroom software is multi-user and can be used across multiple sites. Company mailroom systems vary from company to company depending on the office block or site logistics. The mailroom software deals with all situations whether mail is collected from postrooms by individuals or mail is delivered by mail trolleys, van, or external carrier.
OPERATION: At the central postroom the mail is given a barcode if it doesn’t have one already and then pigeonholed for collection or sorted in bundles for delivery by mail carts. Portable data capture terminals are used to capture signatures for proof of delivery and these then form part of the record for that item making it easy to track its movements in the event of loss. Companies will tend to use delivery systems with mail carts whereas educational establishments tend to use collection systems with pigeonholes in the post room. PASS Mailroom handles both.
SYSTEM:The PC software is for Windows 7 and 10 and uses Android and Windows mobile PDAs to track the mail. Thermal printers such as Zebra, Honeywell, Cab and Dymo print the barcodes using our own integrated software.